Coin dealers have been around for centuries, and in recent years, coin dealers online have been growing like mushrooms. More and more people are buying and selling coins online, and there are a ton of reputable dealers to choose from.
So, who are the best coin dealers online in 2023? We researched and found the most trusted and reputable coin dealers online. Keep reading to learn more!
Our Pick For Best Coin Dealers Online 2023:
L&C Coins has been operating for over 40 years and specializes in modern coins and the world and ancient coins. They are known for their excellent customer service and have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Shipping Policy – The fee for shipping for any order within the United States and its territories is free. For international shipping, it varies by order.
- Return Policy – The company provides a 15 days return policy. Just be extra careful with the 2×2 Mylar holders or plastic slabs because if you remove them from the holder, they will be considered sold, and the return is void.
Littleton Coin Company has been in business since 1945 and is one of the largest coin dealers in the United States. They offer coins, from ancient to modern, and paper currency and stamps. Littleton has a reward system where you can earn 10 points for every $1 spent. In addition, you can redeem free coins with these points. The company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Shipping Policy – The company offers two shipping methods for U.S. and APO/FPO Addresses.
- The first is standard shipping, which takes about 7-14 days and costs $6.95.
- The second is priority shipping, which they call rush shipping and takes three days, and the price is $18.90
- The company offers two shipping methods for Canadian Addresses
- The first is standard shipping, which takes about 7-14 days and costs $11.95.
- The second is priority shipping, which they call rush shipping and takes three days, and the price is $23.90
- They don’t offer international shipping for now.
- Return Policy – The company has a 45-day return policy. Personalized items cannot be canceled or returned except due to a defect.
Founded in 2010, GreatCollections is one of the world’s largest coin dealers. Over 990,000 certified coins have been successfully sold by GreatCollections, making it one of the United States’ leading certified coin firms. GreatCollections has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and is a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA). GreatCollections offers a wide selection of certified coins graded by PCGS, NGC, and ANACS.
- Shipping Policy – GreatCollections offers both domestic and international shipping at competitive prices. You can check more about it here.
- Return Policy – GreatCollections offers a 7-day return policy within
Founded by David Enders, this family business has over 534,000 transactions with 100% positive feedback on eBay. Dave’s Collectible Coins offers various coins, from ancient to modern. What I like about Dave because he is an email away if you have any questions regarding coins.
- Shipping Policy – The company offers three shipping methods.
- The first is First Class shipping, a flat rate of $3.95 for an order under $100
- Orders that are over $100 ship free with USPS tracking
- They offer USPS Priority Mail at an additional cost
- Return Policy – You will get a full refund with a store credit within 30 days from the date of purchase.
David Lawrence Rare Coins was founded in 1979 and has since built a reputation as one of the world’s leading rare coin dealers. They offer various coins, from ancient to modern, and specialize in U.S. gold coins. The firm has dealt with many notable rarities in the United States coin industry, including the most certified 1796 No Pole Liberty Cap Half Cent, a gem 1876-CC Twenty Cent Piece, and many more. The company is a Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG) member and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Shipping Policy – They ship to the U.S. and international customers. You can check their extensive shipping cost here.
- Return Policy – They have two types of return policies.
- Outright Sale Return Policy – The company offers a no-questions-asked return policy within 10 days of your purchase.
- Auction Sale Return Policy – Auction purchases may only be returned upon DLRC approval within 10 days of receipt of such item, and approved returns will be subject to a restocking fee of 15%.
The company offers various coins, bars, and rounds for investors and collectors at all experience levels. The firm is an American Numismatic Association (ANA) member and has an A+ rating with the BBB.
- Shipping Policy – They only ship in the U.S. and have no international shipping for now. Free shipping for orders above $199.
- Return Policy – All items may be returned for a full refund within 5 business days of delivery if they are in their original condition and packaging. A return is only eligible if it remains in its original packaging and condition.
Empire Coins was founded in 1974; this family business is one of the oldest coin dealers in America. Empire Coins specializes in rare U.S. coins, focusing on high-quality, investment-grade coins.
- Shipping Policy – Coins are shipped with USPS. Shipping charges are at a low flat rate of just $5. Add $3.50 for Expedited Priority Mail Shipping.
- Return Policy – You can return your purchases within 10 days of purchase.
MCM offers a massive selection of certified coins, including gold, silver, and platinum bullion. Founded in 2004, MCM has quickly become one of the leading online coin dealers in the world. They have a special section for Scarce and Unique coins.
- Shipping Policy – MCM provides extensive international shipping, and you can check it out here
- Return Policy – For Bullion Items and Final Sale Items: They are non-returnable and non-cancellable; MCM only accepts exchanges. As with all other Items, MCM provides a 30-Day return policy.
One of the world’s largest online precious metals dealers, APMEX, has been in business since 2000. They offer vast coins and bars for investors at all experience levels.
- Shipping Policy – APMEX ships orders to over 190 countries worldwide and offers free shipping on all domestic orders over $199. You can check more here.
- Return Policy – You can check their return policy here.
As mentioned by Investopedia, “BGASC is one of the best sources for gold bullion coins sold at reasonable prices, making it our choice for the best online gold dealer for coins.” With an A+ rating with BBB, BGASC has shipped well over half a million orders encompassing billions of dollars in precious metals.
- Shipping Policy – Except for Minnesota, BGASC shipped to every U.S. state with a flat fee of $9.95 with insurance. Unfortunately, they don’t ship internationally.
- Return Policy – BGASC has a 3 days return policy.
Before you go…
So here it is, based on my findings, the top 10 best coin dealers online. I hope you find this list helpful in searching for the best online coin dealer. Also, do you have a favorite coin dealer not on this list? Let me know in the comments below. Happy Investing!
Check out my next article: “The 10 Best Coin Dealerships In The USA – 2023.“