Collecting Funko Pops is a ton of fun, and they’re one of the best-selling toys in the United States. Plus, they are fun for both young and old, making them perfect presents. But did you know that buying and selling Funko Pops can be lucrative?
If you take good care of your Funko Pops before selling them, you can make some extra money on eBay or Amazon Marketplace. In this article, we’ll discuss where you can sell your Funko Pops and give tips if you decide to sell your collection!
How to make money selling Funko Pops?
When it comes to selling your Funko Pops, there are many options. Of course, you can sell them on eBay or Mercari, but other websites specialize in selling collectibles.
These sites have more traffic and visibility than any other option, so if you want to make the most money possible for your collection, this is where you should post them!
Where to Sell Funko Pops
There are many places to sell your Funko Pops. Here are some other options:
When selling Funko Pops, I keep an eye on what people on eBay are selling and make sure the boxes are in perfect shape. From the buyer’s point of view, it’s a huge community where you can buy and sell just about any Funko Pop you can think of.
I’ve seen grails and rares on this platform myself. The price, on the other hand, is a problem. You either get lucky because you bid more than someone else at the last minute in an auction or offered a price the seller couldn’t refuse.
You should also be careful when buying Funko Pops on eBay because this is a common place for fakes to be sold.
From the point of view of a seller, it’s easy to see that there is demand on eBay. People who collect toys are always on the lookout, so when you list your Pops, they will get a lot of attention.
But remember that eBay has seller fees and that each listing you make costs money. So, most of the benefits of selling on eBay is the cheap shipping, which gives you a great chance to make more money.
- Large and active community.
- Low shipping cost.
- The great demand for Funko Pop figures.
- Every listing has a seller’s fee.
- There are a lot of fake Funko Pops (for those who want to buy them)
- Prices can go up and down, depending on the demand.
- Quite competitive.
Authentication significantly affects the overall experience of buying and selling Funko Pops. Both sellers and buyers feel safe with this process because they don’t have to worry about fake Funko Pops flooding the market.
Using the Whatnot app to sell Funko Pops is a straightforward and thoughtful way. And if you run into any problems, customer service is very good at solving them.
Since it’s a new app, they’re always trying to improve and fix some bugs. For example, you can’t sell from some countries yet.
In the future, hopefully, they’ll have more things like eBay. What makes this platform better than others is how cheap shipping can be. It only costs $2.50 to ship!
- Authentication of Funko Pops to avoid buying or selling Fake Funkos.
- Good customer service.
- Low shipping cost.
- Easy to use.
- The app still has some bugs.
- Only available in some countries.
After learning about the different Funko Pop hashtags, you can join many public or private Funko Pop groups that are a great way to sell Funko Pops.
Raffles are common for people who collect toys to sell Funko Pops. It’s a raffle, but you get spots instead of tickets. If someone wants to sell a rare Funko Pop, they can list it on Facebook.
There could be ten $5 spots left, which is not uncommon. You get chosen after they shuffled the list, or you only lose $5. Both the seller and the buyer come out ahead. As the seller made $100 on a pop that might have only been worth $40-$85, they made a profit.
What’s fun about this community is how seriously they take these things. For example, to join some private groups, you need an invite and a recommendation from someone else.
- Collectors moderate the groups to avoid scams.
- Easier to sell Funko Pops because the audience is filtered.
- You can make more money using raffles.
- Competitive selling.
- Some groups are private, so you need to have an invite.
- Shipping costs can be high or low.
Funko Pops are often sold and bought on Mercari by people who collect toys. Rare Funko Pops are often sold on this site because toy collectors know that other toy collectors will take good care of the Funko Pops they buy from this.
Collectors can rest easy knowing that their once-cherished item is going to an excellent new owner. You can expect prices to be higher on Mercari because there are fees for sellers that a collector who wants to sell on the site will have to consider.
- A marketplace for toy collectors.
- You can make more money.
- Trustworthy website by toy collectors.
- The price will be high due to fees. (for buyers)
Tips for Selling Funko Pops
- Research the market.
- Know your audience.
- Know what you’re selling and how much it’s worth in the market.
- Be willing to negotiate with potential buyers if they’re offering a price that seems too low for what you’re selling–or if they want something extra thrown in (like free shipping). Of course, the more informed you are about the value of your product, the better equipped you’ll be when negotiating prices with potential customers!
- Take good pictures.
- Declare the damages and issues of each item. (if there are some)
- Be hospitable when answering inquiries; this a one way for you to have connections for you to be able to sell more Funko Pops in the future with people vouching for you as a great seller.
Before you go…
In conclusion, selling Funko Pops is a great way to make money. You can sell them in many places, and there are also several ways to get started. If you have questions about selling Funko Pops or want tips on how we did it ourselves, feel free to reach out!
Check out my next article: “No BS Guide To Selling Your Funko Pops.“